SharpOcarina 1.0 - Tool to create custom maps - Printable Version
+- Hylian Modding (https://hylianmodding.com)
+-- Forum: N64 Zelda Modding (https://hylianmodding.com/Forum-N64-Zelda-Modding)
+--- Forum: Tools & Software (https://hylianmodding.com/Forum-Tools-Software)
+--- Thread: SharpOcarina 1.0 - Tool to create custom maps (/Thread-SharpOcarina-1-0-Tool-to-create-custom-maps)
Pages: 1 2
SharpOcarina 1.0 - Tool to create custom maps - Nokaubure - 12-10-2017
If you don't already know, SharpOcarina is an application made by xdaniel in 2011/2012 to create custom maps for OoT. I resurrected the project by bringing 0.70-1.0 versions with big improvements.
Download version 1.0 here, patchlog is inside the zip
SharpOcarina 1.0: Here
Other useful stuff
SharpOcarina + Blender tutorials (english/español subs): Here
Troubleshoot thread: Here
If you want version 0.93 for some reason:
SharpOcarina 0.93 (+ source): Here
The changelog of 0.97-1.0 is not here, check the readme!
Improvements and new stuff
- Now you can use vertex color and transparency at the same time
- More types of animation are now available. Do note that SO will force the mesh to follow the rules of the selected animation no matter
what you choose, for example if you assign an opaque texture animation to a transparent mesh, it will become opaque.
- Addded a checkbox to enable continual inject (will make SO behave like HT and injecting the room after the scene). Setting the same inject offset for scene and room does the same effect.
- Added a new setting in groups: metallic textures (a.k.a spherical textures). This setting is skipped when you use texture animations.
- Added an option to update the crc everytime you inject a scene
- Same textures used by 2 or more rooms are not written twice or more times
- CI4 / CI8 textures using the same palette no longer write the same palette more times (including between rooms)
- DList are now culled ofcamera ingame. This increases the room size a bit so I also added an option to disable it.
- Group highlight now only appears when the selected tab is "Rooms"
- Added entrance cutscene table editor. Its only purpose is to disable cutscenes from playing since cutscene editor is unfinished.
- Added a 64-bit version of the executable
- Fixed a bug were only 1 pathway was saved
- Fixed a bug were entrance table used decimal numbers instead of hex, which was not the intendeed behaviour
- Fixed a bug were unused materials were written in the room files
- Fixed a bug were fog distance and draw distance were not saved unless you pressed enter key
- Fixed a bug were entrance table saved entries in a bad order if you sorted it, messing the whole rom table
- Fixed a bug were transition actors switch and cam fields weren't duplicated with the duplicate button
- Fixed a bug were transition actors switch and cam fields were filled with garbage values when using the add button
- Adjusted the mouse hitbox and axis so it matches the custom door model. Doors that aren't transition actors will also be displayed with the door model now.
- When the crc is updated, now it displays the succesful command line
- Actor filling is now inside debug tab
- Added an option to render actors (very experimental, you can only render very few actors, unless you update the XML, note that variables are ignored right now)
- Added an option to create a pathway that surrounds the selected group
- Added an option to disable waterbox movement
- Now you can save the options in a .xml, they will be loaded everytime you open SO
- Added an option to clear the dma table of a rom. Use this if you experience crashes ingame. (this also updates the crc)
- Auto-add objects no longer crashes when saving scene
- Sticking actors to ground/ceiling now uses Z/X keys to prevent shortcut bugs
- Entrance table now refreshes the scene name column more often
- Fields are now saved when losing focus. Enter key is no longer required.
- Hold shift while adding or duplicating an instance to create it in front of the camera
- Added room selection for waterboxes. Default value is 3F which enables them on all rooms
- Now its easier to tell where the instance is facing (light-green extreme = front of the instance)
- Transition actors are rendered as rectangles of the same size as ingame doors
- Use mouse wheel after moving an actor to rotate it. Waterboxes will change their size instead.
- Use up and down keys while moving an actor to stick to ceiling/ground
- Actor database added for actors, transitions and spawns. Click on the blue button next to actor number to open it. You can type a word to filter actors.
Note that if a variable contains the word, the entire actor will be displayed. You can also use special filters like #Transitions and #Monsters.
- Added entrance list. SO auto-generates it based on where you place the spawnpoints. The entrance number is the same as the order of the spawns, so the spawn 2 will be the entrance 2.
- Added support to vertex colors. You must replace the export_obj.py of your blender 2.7x with the one in the blenderscripts folder.
- Added an entrance table editor. This editor is independent so you can change the entrance table without injecting anything in the rom.
Bugfixes & tweaks
- Greatly improved the lighting of the imported maps by fixing a bug related to normals
- Fixed a crash that involved moving an instance outside room boundaries
- Fixed bug where maps made with blender couldn't have vertex groups
- Fixed a bug where you could not save polytype assigned to the first group in the first room
- Fixed a crash when attempting to delete the last polytype of the scene
- Fixed a crash when typing on room offset when there's no rooms
- [Temporal fix] animated opaque textures will be injected as transparent to avoid crashing
- Reduced byte padding (less kb per scene)
- When importing .obj, groups with 0 triangles are ignored
Bugfixes & tweaks
- Fixed a bug where around 20% of the actors where missing in the XML files. Now there's all actors known by cloudmodding wiki.
- Fixed a critical bug where the application would crash if you change the alpha value of an animated texture.
- Fixed a bug where all vertex colors were set to yellow if the .obj came from sketchup or gray if the .obj came from blender.
- Changed the outdoor light option (again!). Now it has been moved to scene environment and is called "Enable lighting A-E", since that's the real function it does.
It's also enabled by default now.
- Added "Camera Angle" numeric box. Use 0x0B for ladders, 0x04 and 0x05 for crawlspaces.
- Added "Ladder Top" ,"Crawl Space" , "Killing Lava" , "Jabu-Jabu", "No Fall Damage" and "Void" checkboxes
- If autoadd objects is ON, the application will warn you if you place 0x0002 or 0x0003 actors with the incorrect special object.
- Added "Use environment 1 on all rooms" in extra tab. This option sets time values in a way that only environment setting 1 will be used.
- Added "Show Controls" in help tab.
Bugfixes & tweaks
- Unknown fieldbox is now merged with outdoor light checkbox
- When changing outdoor light while N64 graphics option is ON, it will refresh correctly instead of being manual
- Reverb field is now correctly capped at 0x0E
- Fixed a crash when loading scenes with nonexisting filepaths
- Now when loading a scene, if it fails to open the .obj files it will try to find them on the same folder as the xml, useful for move XMLs across computers
- Fixed minor display bugs with pathways and additional lights
- The .exe file now shows the correct version
- Hold shift to increment/decrement size by 20 units
- You can now select and move them with middle mouse
- Added pathways and waypoints
- All the actor features in 0.70 patch apply to waypoints too (+-20 units shift, stick to ground buttons, grab and move with mouse)
Additional lights (unused)
- Added additional lights (unused)
- There are 2 types: point lights and directional lights
- Only point lights are displayed in the editor. +-20 units shift and mouse control are enabled on point lights.
- They have known glitches ingame. Also, even if they are room-based, they don't seem to unload.
- Autoadd objects scan now triggers when injecting and when saving binary too
- Added animated checkbox. Warning: rom will crash if you don't use 0x31 scene function
Scene environment settings
- Splited special object and outdoor lighting options
- Added scene function, note that this option alters a parameter in scene table so it doesn't work when saving binary
- Added skybox type
- Added cloudy checkbox (only works with 0x01 skybox)
- Added Nightime SFX
- Added Reverb sound effect
- Added camera movement (currently broken, only restricts C-Up)
- Added world map location
Room environment settings
- Added fields to control the time
- Added echo sound effect
- Added checkbox to disable skybox and/or sun/moon
- Added fields to control the wind
- Added different fields to restrict link jumps and songs
- Added checkbox to display invisible actors (those that need lens of truth)
- Added field to control various effects, such as link idle anims, too hot room and ride epona on start.
- Added an option to hide item axis
- Set default environment list values: This sets environment values to default (same as when you create a new scene)
- Set haunted wasteland wind values: Sets wind values to those in haunted wasteland, recomended if you don't want to mess with the weird wind values
- Copy first room env. settings to all rooms: Useful to set the same settings on all rooms by only changing the first one. Additional lights are skipped because of their weird nature.
- Moved some options and added new tabs
- Changed application name and icon
- Added credits and special thanks to the readme (the rest of the readme is unchanged)
- Added changelog.txt
- Most data is inside XML for easy customization
- Fixed a bug where the application crashed if you input space+enter in some fields
- Fixed a bug where some fields could overflow
- Fixed a bug where you could only type 4 numbers in room offsets
- Fixed a bug where spawns and transitions didn't refreshed their values when moving them with middle mouse
- Fixed a bug where spawns and transitions were harder to grab than actors
- Fixed a bug where the application crashed if targed rom was in use. Now an error message is displayed saying that target rom is in use.
- And some more
Actors, transition actors, spawn points
- The name of the actor is displayed (example, 0025 = lizalfos)
- Now they are displayed on a list
- Duplicate button
- Options to stick an actor to a wall, ground or ceiling
- You can select them with right click
- You can move them with middle click. Hold shift to move them front and back.
- Hold shift and click the numeric positions to increase/decrease them by 20 units instead of 1
- A "Degrees" option to multiply rotations by 182.044444444 after pressing enter.
- Dropdown to select variables for transition actors (doors and black plane)
- Selecting an object displays it's internal name, size in hex and the actors that use this object
- On save, the application will automatically add missing objects (checks all rooms). You can disable this with "Autoadd objects" option.
- A maxium object space appears. If the sum of your object sizes is bigger than this limit, it will turn red.
- Now they have different coloration when unselected.
- Hold shift and click the numeric positions to increase/decrease them by 20 units instead of 1
- BGM can be selected with a dropdown list. The name and id of the BGMs can be changed by editing SongName.xml (for custom BGM)
- Fixed the option "Emulate N64 Graphics".
- It's now GLideN64 compatible (it should work in N64 too, I guess)
- When you add an actor, it now appears in the center of the current room
I was using these functions to quickly test the changes I was making, but I decided to keep them just for fun. Actors are never placed oob or mid-air, however when there are multiple rooms, they have a low chance to be placed on a near room collision plane.
- Fill room with enemies clear-flag: randomly places 9 different enemies and a clear flag chest. Use ROM pointer hacks to avoid maximum object space crash or delete some enemies.
- Fill room with silver rupees switch-flag: randomly places silver rupee puzzle and a switch flag chest.
- Backface culling does nothing. I don't have enought documentation to fix it, I don't ever know if N64 can draw a face on both sides...
(fixed in 0.71)
- Very rarely the textures disappear when the window loses focus with Emulate N64 Graphics On, to fix this just reenable the option.
- If you open the top menu and you cancel it by clicking on the render window, the camera does a weird rotation. Click somewhere else to avoid this.
RE: SharpOcarina 0.93 - Tool to create custom maps - Nokaubure - 03-03-2018
Added version 0.93, you can read the changelog on the main post, hf!
RE: SharpOcarina 0.93 - Tool to create custom maps - Rinku - 03-21-2018
Neat! I left the hacking community a few years ago. At that time, xdaniel stopped developpement on the original SharpOcarina. I have been checking the internet regularly but had the impression the Z64 hacking scene was kind of dead. A few days ago, I discovered that you resumed development on this tool. It's great to have some people with programing knowledge who are still motivated to work on this kind of stuff.
Also, it's a neat addition you made it possible to add the unused light effects! An eternity ago, they were discovered by ChrisTiian over on the GCN, and they were documented by him and myself. Just out of curiosity, though, what kind of in-game bugs did you find? Also, it's funny that they don't unload when you change the room. We didn't notice that back then (I remember I was testing them in Kakariko, I don't know which scene ChrisTiian used to test them though).
Anyway, great work! I'll make sure to test the collision editor, I remember it was somewhat bugged in xdaniel's version when importing sketchup groups.
RE: SharpOcarina 0.93 - Tool to create custom maps - Nokaubure - 04-04-2018
(03-21-2018, 07:19 AM)Rinku Wrote: Anyway, great work! I'll make sure to test the collision editor, I remember it was somewhat bugged in xdaniel's version when importing sketchup groups.
Actually what's bugged is sketchup obj exporter not SO, you will still experiencie the same bugs. Next version will have a way to set collision flags directly inside sketchup / any 3d modeling program as well as having all rooms on the same obj file, but I can't give you a release date atm. Blender 3dsmax and maya doesn't have the sketchup issue if you also want to try them.
RE: SharpOcarina 0.93 - Tool to create custom maps - Rinku - 04-05-2018
Thanks for your reply! Well, it works now, so it's probably because I'm using a different Sketchup version.
One thing I would like to request for the next version is an option to turn off that automatic object adder (it is a great function though). In my free time, I'm doing some research on lighting and collision and stuff, but while testing I also found some inaccuracies (again) about which actors need which objects. When I was active years ago I used to correct these small things on the wiki, but because I'm so busy now I will add all of my stuff together as soon as I've found enough interesting new things and cleaned up all of that new information. So, it would be useful to be able to turn off this object-adding function when I test actor-object dependencies as it is quite annoying and more time-consuming to adjust these things via a hex editor.
RE: SharpOcarina 0.93 - Tool to create custom maps - Nokaubure - 04-05-2018
Go to the options menu and disable "add objects on save". This option comes enabled by default because otherwise you have to look at the wiki to add objects (the actor database feature will not add the objects, just the actors) and makes you lose time.
RE: SharpOcarina 0.93 - Tool to create custom maps - Rinku - 04-06-2018
Oh, my bad, I completely missed that option in the options menu. Sorry for that!
RE: SharpOcarina 0.93 - Tool to create custom maps - laozx4lux - 04-19-2018
querido amigo gracias por seguir mejorando esta herramienta que yo estoy intentando aprender a usar pero no entiendo me podrias ayudar??
RE: SharpOcarina 0.93 - Tool to create custom maps - mzxrules - 04-20-2018
not if you can't explain more on what you're trying to accomplish. also, being able to speak english helps as well.
RE: SharpOcarina 0.93 - Tool to create custom maps - laozx4lux - 04-20-2018
thanks for answering the comment mzxrules .
I wanted to know if with sharpocarina I can create a game of zelda like the ocarina of time