Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[EXAMPLE] Door Scene (w/ Models, and a Scene)
Hello everyone. I'm new, and have learned a lot from the helpful people here. As this scene grows, I thought it might be nice to have some examples and resources for everyone who comes through.

So I made an example scene with doors set up, and you can try it out if you want. This is just three rooms in one scene that shows how the models, and groups should be set up for door collision, solidity, and visuals to all work together. This assumes you have a general grasp on the preliminary stuff here, in Gado96's thread.

Also check out Jabu's thread about door size scale.

(Pre-made Doors, Ladders, and Crawlspaces here: .skp, or .obj and .mtl.)

You can look at the .obj files (Blender) or the model in SketchUp (2017). If you use the SU model to make your own objs, please be aware you'll need to remove the door collisions from the map when you save the detail obj, otherwise, you'll get black squares in your door transitions.

You can also look around the scene in SharpOcarina, and see how the actors are set up. I hope this is helpful.

This does not cover room-to-room transitions. This is just doors in a single "room" as seen in SharpOcarina.

You'll need:
  • SharpOcarina
  • An OoT Debug ROM
  • An emulator
  • Google SketchUp Pro (2017) and/ or Blender
Set-up:
  • Put everything from the .rar in its own folder.
  • Open SharpOcarina, and Open "DOOR-TEST.xml" (File> Open Scene).
  • Under the General tab, import the Collision Model (DOOR-TEST-col.obj).
  • Go to the Rooms tab, and add a new room.
  • Select "DOOR-TEST.obj".
  • Save the scene, and inject it into a ROM.
  • If you are using a debug ROM, this will be map 117.
  • If you get a freeze when loading the room, re-open the scene in SO, and go to Tools> Clear scene DMA table. Save this over your ROM, and re-inject.
Download the .rar.